Join is transforming how organizations access, utilize and pay for core technology services such as secure high-speed data, internet access, network security and other critical business services.
Join offers a secure, all-in-one technology infrastructure and curated digital experience to property owners, flex operators and tenants of commercial real estate. There is no hardware to buy or expensive ISP contracts to sign. Join is instantly configurable and scalable to the needs of any individual or team and runs over a secure, private network that incorporates state of the art cybersecurity and private connections to private and public cloud services and SaaS platforms. Join eliminates the redundant networking systems typically installed by each tenant on every floor of a building. Tenants and employees simply show up, login and get to work. Service levels can be changed at any time and are billed on a per-person, per-month basis.
Join was founded serial technology entrepreneurs who have created groundbreaking products including the original cable modem, and have driven innovations in interactive television, optical networking, cybersecurity and cloud computing.
Field Solutions Architect
Join is seeking a Field Solution Architect to work with sales and product teams to interpret customer requirements and deliver solutions. This person will be responsible for pre-sales activities including assisting with qualifying customers’, site surveys and creating systems designs. This role will be instrumental to the success of the company to gain customer adoption and successful implementation of wired and wireless network deployments.
- Pre-sales - assist in qualifying sales leads from a technical standpoint.
- Sales calls - be the main technical resource on sales calls and answers/ educates the customer and partner on issues ranging from features, specifications and functionality to integration.
- Work with Corporate and Field Marketing teams, to help understand specific market needs in order to drive the appropriate activities that can impact positively market’s perception towards Join.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what the customer will need in terms of on-going service and manage expectations on the customer and sales side.
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations that explain key technical aspects of solutions that will benefit customers and prospects.
- Provide answers to client questions about our product, servicing, and other technical aspects of the services.
- Successfully tailor demonstrations for customers, trade shows, and special events.
- Be able to think critically and suggest improvements that might lead to cost savings or other client benefits.
- Work with the client to problem-solve through every hurdle during the sales process.
- Arrange and, in some cases, lead training for customers.
- Research the industry on an on-going basis to know what changes may be on the horizon that will impact current and future sales.
- Provide feedback to the team as well as R&D for process or product improvements as required.
- Provide clear and accurate responses for RFPs and/or contribute technical solutions directly to proposals.
- Work in tandem with the sales team on presentations to ensure accuracy.
- Willingness to travel and devote long hours to challenging sales projects.
- Perform site surveys for wired and wireless networks
- Create and delivery networking and Wi-Fi design reports to enable operations team to implement wired and wired networks.
- Work in tandem with operations team to deliver successful implementations of network designs and system turn-up.
- Coordinate system design efforts with third party companies such as cabling vendors, electricians and others as needed.
You're qualified for this role if you...
- Have 7-10+ years of B2B sales engineering experience
- Demonstrate past success managing complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders
- Successful experience working at companies to deliver disruptive and innovative technologies
- Have extensive experience designing and/or building large wired and Wi-Fi networks
- Deep technical knowledge on computer networks and Internet security.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure and cloud strategies
- Display outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized. Capable of working and multi-tasking across multiple projects.
- Exceptional presenter. Strong ability to present to audiences of all sizes, either at technical level or management level (up to C-level)
- Self-motivated, with ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Must thrive operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Availability to travel on short notice.
- BS or equivalent experience, graduate degree preferred
You're perfect for this role if you...
- Feel a strong passion for technology and a strong aptitude for business strategy
- Have an in-depth understanding of IT service providers, managed services and cloud services
- Have strongly held opinions and principles and the flexibility to learn, grow and adapt
- Want to be part of a team that is going to disrupt many industries.
- Are ready to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done and win.
You'll need the following skills...
- Collaboration: Ability to work closely with peers, executives and individual contributors to a common goal.
- Writing: Ability to articulate and document the customers' market problems
- Relationships: Ability to build strong rapport and relationships with customers to gain in-depth understanding of customers' problems and needs.
- Listening: Ability to engage customers in order to comprehensively understand their market problem. Ability to understand and capture customer needs accurately.
- Presenting: Ability to both create the presentations, communicate directly with customers, and speak in front of small and large audiences
- Process: Ability to structure and craft customer requirements using a formal and structured methodology and to implement and/or follow a design and planning process component of the service delivery process.