Join is transforming the way secure, high speed data and internet services are sold, paid for and consumed in commercial office buildings.
Join offers a secure, all-in-one technology infrastructure and curated digital experience to property owners, flex operators and tenants. There is no hardware to buy or expensive ISP contracts to sign. Join is instantly configurable and scalable to the needs of any individual or team and runs over a secure, private network that incorporates state of the art cybersecurity and private connections to private and public cloud services and SaaS platforms. Join eliminates the redundant networking systems typically installed by each tenant on every floor of a building. Tenants and employees simply show up, login and get to work. Service levels can be adjusted at any time and are billed on a per-person, per-month basis.
Join was founded serial technology entrepreneurs who have created groundbreaking products including the original cable modem, and have driven innovations in interactive television, optical networking, cybersecurity and cloud computing.
Senior Corporate Communications Manager
As a Senior Corporate Communications Manager, you will be focused on driving an Account Based Marketing (ABM) campaign strategy to drive top of funnel prospecting for our Commercial Real Estate Owner Channel, and Direct to Tenant and End User upsell services channels. We’re looking for an experienced B2B marketing professional who is responsible for conceiving, crafting and deploying multi-channel campaigns focused on awareness and conversion to sales.
What you’ll do
- Create individual and group buyer personas for our prospective customers
- Identify logical segments of the market, based on data, to develop and deploy awareness campaigns
- Identify appropriate channels that track the customer journey cycle and help implement workflow automation
- Ensure digital and email activities are trackable, following prospects through their buyer journey, from initial engagement through close.
- Use data to create lead scoring from our activities, optimize marketing mix and messaging.
- Gain, maintain and proliferate an intimate knowledge of our buyers and their most pressing challenges, through market analysis, research and direct buyer/influencer interaction
- Optimize SEO and SEM strategy for our www and Grand Rounds blog, driving additional lead generation activities through online channels
- Build and maintain lead nurture programs
- Select and solidify relationships with list providers and other vendors who can assist with database growth and cleanliness
- Evaluate and make recommendations for our marketing technology stack
- Develop systems to measure our success of penetrating our target accounts, build and manage dashboards/leverage marketing tech stack to make strategic recommendations to the team for marketing approach
During your first 30 days, you will:
- Working with sales ops, create definitions for MQLs and SQLs
- Onboard with the Join team in San Francisco and in the field, engage in internal learning, meeting our marketing, sales and accounts teams
- Quickly develop an understanding of where we sit within the CRE and technology ecosystems, and of our current and future products
- Analyze our existing marketing technology stack, identify ways to improve; from CMS to marketing automation to tools for measuring pipeline impact
During your first 60 days, you will:
- Develop buyer personas based on interviews with GTM leads, analysis of customer profiles and external research
- Create segment-specific campaigns and email activities based on findings from persona work
- Develop a standard dashboarding and reporting structure that enables the marketing team to quickly assess the performance of programs/campaigns
During your first 90 days, you will:
- Finalize 1H19 segment marketing plan and have campaigns in market
- Finalize buyer personas and launch multi-touch campaigns to target appropriate buyers
- Develop a plan to enhance our marketing database to enable more effective targeting and lead capture opportunities within the account-based marketing framework
- Improve our marketing analytics dashboard to measure effectiveness of campaigns and make data-driven marketing decisions
You are qualified for this role if you...
- Have earned a BA/BS
- Have a minimum 8 years marketing or equivalent experience with minimum of 2-years of experience in Corporate Communications driving B2B marketing activities with lengthy sales cycles
- Are a self-starter with the ability to lead and influence colleagues across other functions; proactive and adept in building internal and external working relationships
- Demonstrate sharp, focused analytical skills; ability to rapidly apply information from market research, customer data and other intelligence
- Excellent project management; you make data-based decisions and drive teams
- Highly developed communication skills; you delight in crafting compelling content
- Are a “student of the world:” you’re insatiably curious and keep current on the latest within marketing; you’re able to bring fresh solutions to old problems
- Show attention to detail; you have a passion for demonstrating quality in tasks big and small
- Contribute and collaborate: you eagerly, ably wear multiple hats and jump in to help where needed
- Have DM technical expertise; you're a Salesforce wiz, and have experience with web and marketing analytics platforms
- Are a clear thinker and communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Consistently focus on problem-solving, with the ability to discern the core issues and use good judgement in recommending practical solutions
- Demonstrate first-rate project management, teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills; comfort interacting at all levels of the organization
You are perfect for this role if you...
- Are recognized for your leadership skills by direct reports and peers, show resilience in the face of natural change in a fast-moving environment, and creative skills for envisioning new solutions and approaches
- Have a shared sense of purpose
- A great sense of humor and an ability to not take yourself too seriously
- Feel a strong passion for technology and a strong aptitude for business strategy
- Have strongly held opinions and principles and the flexibility to learn, grow and adapt
What we'll provide
- An exciting, fast-paced, high-growth company where you can make an impact from day one
- A company that makes decisions based on facts and data, where your work makes a difference
- A small but experienced marketing team that welcomes the knowledge and experience you bring and values your contribution
- Amazing customers that absolutely love the technology and trust it to deliver important results for them every day
- A great management team that provides unmatched transparency into the business and welcomes diverse ideas and critical thinking
- A PFC (Primadonna-Free Culture)
Job Type: Full-time
Join is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.