Join is transforming how organizations access, utilize and pay for core technology services such as secure high speed data and internet access.
Join offers a secure, all-in-one technology infrastructure and curated digital experience to property owners, flex operators and tenants of commercial real estate. There is no hardware to buy or expensive ISP contracts to sign. Join is instantly configurable and scalable to the needs of any individual or team and runs over a secure, private network that incorporates state of the art cybersecurity and private connections to private and public cloud services and SaaS platforms. Join eliminates the redundant networking systems typically installed by each tenant on every floor of a building. Tenants and employees simply show up, login and get to work.
Join was founded by serial technology entrepreneurs who have created groundbreaking products including the original cable modem, and have driven innovations in interactive television, optical networking, cybersecurity and cloud computing.
Software Engineer, Network Services
Join is seeking a software engineer to join our growing team designing and building next generation flex office networking solutions. You’ll be responsible to help with gathering user requirements, defining system functionality, and developing quality software solutions. You will participate in all aspect of the software development life cycle from analysis to testing and deployment.
What you’ll do
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Help define and develop software needs, requirements, and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable software
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility of solutions
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Develop automated unit and system test procedures and solutions
- Document and maintain software features and functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems
You are qualified for this role if you have...
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Strong C/C++ and Python development skills
- Experience with application and network troubleshooting
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with SDN networking principles
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
You are perfect for this role if you...
- Have experience working with AMQP message brokers (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Have experience working in microservices environment
- Have experience building RESTful web services
- Have experience building containers with Docker
- Have experience deploying containerized application via Kubernetes or Swarm
- Have knowledge of IP networking protocols and operation