Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
Join Account (“Account”):
A Join Account is a unique record of information that is managed by Join. An Account is associated with an individual person. It allows this person to authenticate to Services and potentially receive authorization to access these Services.
Join Services (“Services”):
Join Services are the systems that deliver digital workspace functionalities to Join customers and users. For a complete list of the Services, please refer to https://get-join.com/services.
Join User (“User”):
A person with an Account is called a User.
Non-personally identifiable information:
Information that cannot be used on its own to identify or trace a person, is not considered Personal information.
Personally identifiable information (“Personal information”):
Any information relating to a person (User or not) who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.
Sensitive personal information (“Sensitive information”):
The following personal information is considered ‘sensitive’:
- personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs;
- trade-union membership;
- genetic data, biometric data processed solely to identify a human being;
- health-related data;
- data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better Services or to manage your Account. Some of the information we collect and how that information is used, however, depends ultimately on what Services you use and how you use them.
From our website:
Join operates a website (https://get-join.com) (the “Site”).
Like many website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to access some portions of our pages.
From the Services:
When you’re signed in to the Services, we collect additional information which we store in your Account.
- When you create an Account, you provide us with Personal Information that may include your name, email address, phone number and payment information.
- When you’re signed in and use the Services, we may also collect information about your devices, their IP or MAC addresses, their location and network usage.
We do not collect any Sensitive information.
From other sources:
In addition, Join collects and stores all questions, complaints or any other feedback that you share with us so that we can better serve you.
In some circumstances, Join also collects information about you from publicly accessible sources or from trusted partners, including marketing partners who provide us with information about potential customers of our business services.
Why and how we use your information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
Operate the Services
We use your information to deliver and operate the Services. We use your information to configure and optimize the Join network.
Maintain & improve the Services
We also use your information to ensure the Services are working as intended, such as tracking outages, troubleshooting issues that you report to us, or analyzing feedback or questions you submit to us. We also use your information to make improvements to the Services — for example, understanding which additional features to provide.
Develop new Services
We use the information we collect in existing Services to help us to define, design and develop new offerings.
Improve our website
Measure and improve our performance
We monitor network usage and service anomalies or failures in order to adjust Services setup, fix potential issues or optimize our network.
Communicate with you
Join may use your email address to:
- send emails to you related to payment transactions;
- send you links to some of our website pages, portal or specific URLs, including password reset emails;
- send updates and announcements;
- communicate with you about subscribed Services or respond to your communications to us;
- send marketing information, such as Join offers, surveys, invitations, and content about other matters in connection with Join (“marketing communications”). We may use Google Analytics in order to customize or personalize the marketing information we send to you. You may choose not to receive marketing emails by following the opt-out procedure described in these emails. You may also opt-out from Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on or by instructing your browser to refuse all cookies.
Your privacy controls
Using the Services requires that you consent to Join collecting the information listed above. However, Join gives you some control over your privacy. You can:
- Review and update your personal information by signing in to the Join portal and accessing your Account. Note that Account information that is marked as mandatory cannot be erased from our system as long as you are a User.
- Opt-out from marketing campaigns by following explicit instructions included in any of our marketing communications.
- Opt-out from Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on or instructing your browser to refuse all cookies.
What we share
We may not disclose your personal information except in certain limited circumstances.
We may disclose your personal information with your prior written or electronic consent. We may also disclose from time to time, without such consent, your personal information if this is necessary to render or conduct a legitimate business activity related to a service provided to you. The kinds of persons or entities to which we may make such disclosure include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Persons or entities that control, are controlled by, or under common control with Join;
- Billing services, collection agencies and credit agencies;
- Installation, repair and other contractors and subcontractors or suppliers of goods or services we use in providing the Services to you;
- Accountants, lawyers, consultants and other professionals we or our affiliated companies use in our businesses.
Join may also disclose your personal information when required by law or legal process, after giving effect to necessary requirements.
The Services are built with strong security features that continuously protect your information. The insights we gain from maintaining the Services help us detect and block security threats from ever reaching you.
And if we do detect something risky that we think you should know about, we’ll notify you and help guide you through steps to stay better protected.
We work hard to protect you and Join from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold.
Here are some key security mechanisms that the Services include:
- Communication of personal information is encrypted.
- Personal information is encrypted and signed.
- We provide certificate-based server authentication.
- We authenticate Users through a unique Identifier and password.
- Network control and management are separate and isolated from traffic data. Join neither looks at nor stores traffic data.
- Our physical offices and information storage facilities follow strict access procedures. By default, no-one is authorized to access any information on our servers and applications. Authorizations are given on an as-absolutely-needed basis and only for the purposes described in this policy.
- Our network is equipped with firewalls. These are configured to prevent potentially harmful traffic from reaching our servers, hence protecting the Services and your information from potential hackers.
- We ensure high availability and resilience of the Services by making our most critical network resources redundant.
- We systematically and continuously conduct comprehensive security risk assessments of our network so that we can be best prepared at preventing or mitigating potential security vulnerabilities.
Updating and erasing your information
Our Portal application allows you to review and update the personal information we have about you.
Storage duration: We are required to erase personal information if the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and there are no pending requests by you for access to it or pending court orders or other legal process requiring that we disclose it to a third party. In most cases, this means that we will have personal information about you for so long as you are a User and continue to retain it thereafter for as long as it may reasonably be required to comply with tax, accounting and any applicable contractual, legal or regulatory requirements, which could be one year or more after you stop being a User. As long as we have your personal information, we will protect it and ensure that the information is kept up-to-date.
About this policy
When this policy applies
- The information practices of other companies and organizations that advertise the Services
- Services offered by other companies or individuals, including products or sites that may include the Services, or be linked from the Services
Changes to this policy
If you have any questions about our policies described in this Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.